Sunday, September 25, 2005

Super Super Run for Parkinsons

Well... Steve and I got up nice and early to go on the Parkinsons run. Thank you to everyone who donated and supported our run. The race started off well but hit a snag half way through as they were upgrading the golf course and doing some construction. The run wasn't well marked and both Steve and I made a wrong turn at the bottom of a hastily posted detour. Difference being he had the sense to turn back at the switch back (while still going the wrong way, but not as far as me and another girl and some kids did) and we continued on until we saw the train bridge and I finally called to the girl ahead of me and told her we should probably turn back. Don't know what ever happened to the kids....

I am posting a map with the course that we ran versus the course that the actual run was supposed to be... Steve and I both finished around 25 minutes or so last year and we out did ourselves this year with the detour. He finished at around 35 minutes and I hit around 41... surprising considering we did an extra K or two... not as much as I thought at first considering Steve and a few other people got turned the wrong way as well... they just figured it out before we did!

The exercise won't kill me though! Next year we are considering taking Daisy for the walk and forgoing the run... maybe Steve can walk the pooches and I will run 5km plus whatever I feel like throwing in because I can't tell what direction I am going in.

Here come the maps...

You can note on the intimate map of Rundle park that if you followed the red line and then did the switch back along the path heading back along the river then you would have completed the 5km course... the light blue shows the course Steve took. The loop on the larger map shows that several of us took a MUCH LONGER ROUTE... so much for following young kids...

Steve already made a good comment about the Lieutenant Governor razzing us because I have a partiallity for Red and Black. I would've told him straight up I hate football and would never support Calgary anyway but what would be the point. I should've said - Rah Rah Eskies!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it wrong I came back the way we started the race. I didn't cut through the back way.

 
At 11:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We" (you know who!) loved the Eskies performance against the Lions on Saturday night - Go Eskies Go!!!!!!!
The other comment here was, "I think it is amazing that Catherine can RUN 5 kilometres because when she was "young" I couldn't get her to run a block!!!!!!!
However, I think you did a marvellous job - more than you really had to, though!!!!This was a great cause - and getting out there and completing the course is what's important ( even if your course varied somewhat from the norm)!!!
Love You!
Go Catherine!!!!!

 
At 11:37 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love BLOG entries!
Where are the pics?
I'm heading to Steve's blog now - hope to find some photos!
How did you like the backyard when you arrived home after the race???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home